All times are PST (Pacific Standard Time)
Day One: 0800-1630 PST
Day Two: 0800-1400 PST (20-minute testing window before 1600 PST)
This new edition expands the opportunity for application of trauma knowledge and skills by increasing the Trauma Nursing Process teaching activities from six to eight scenarios. Other enhancements include:
- Reshaped and revised pre-course learning activities to include modules on communication and shock.
- The addition of “The LGBTQ+ Trauma Patient” chapter.
- Interactive activities are interwoven throughout the classroom time.
Every second counts when stabilizing life-threatening trauma cases. This course, taught by qualified nurses, prepares you with the knowledge, critical thinking skills and training needed to provide high-quality trauma nursing care. After completing this course, you will be able to properly assess patients and implement evidence-based interventions to improve outcomes for them.
Here’s a glimpse into what you’ll learn:
- The latest trauma nursing practice recommendations
- Systematic assessment and standardized approach to trauma nursing care
- Rapid identification of life-threatening injuries
A variety of learning methodologies are available to cater to every learning style, including:
- Provider manual
- Online modules
- Instructor-led virtual classroom discussions and skill stations
Manual: The provider manual includes evidence-based content developed by experts in trauma care. A valuable resource for future reference.
Pre-course learning: Includes access to required online modules prior to the course date to let you learn at your own pace, apply what you learn, and receive immediate feedback. Modules include a step-by-step breakdown of the Trauma Nursing Process and a comprehensive study guide.
Instructor-led classroom discussions and skills stations: TNCC is typically delivered over one-and-a-half days. Live, in-person or virtual classroom learning includes skill stations, group discussion and other interactive exercises.
Electronic testing: Electronic open-book testing enables you to test in an environment that makes you most comfortable. No more test anxiety!
Why is ENA’s TNCC the right course for you?
- Evidence-based content developed by trauma nursing experts
- Curriculum designed specifically for nurses
- Course content is updated regularly as trauma care evolves
- Four-year, internationally recognized verification as a TNCC provider is earned upon successful completion
- Increases your confidence in trauma patient care
- Courses are available year-round at locations conveniently located near you
- Earn 19.5 CNE hours
- Only registered nurses are eligible for provider status.
- Licensed practical nurses and paramedics are eligible to attend all portions of the course and obtain CNE hours but are not eligible for provider status verification.
Cancellation/Rescheduling Policy: You may request to reschedule one time up to 14 days prior to the course start date. If 14-days or more notice is not met, if you do not attend the class, or if you are more than 15 minutes late, your entire course fee will be non-refundable. We do not offer refunds for cancellations, but course credit can be given if 14 days’ notice is met. ***Exceptions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, and an associated fee may apply.